Look Who Has A New Do!
Hello to all family and friends, near and far away. I know it has been some time since my last post and I apologize. It was and still is my intention to update this blog more regularly and in that way to share the happenings of our family. Let's hope I can be more consistent.
April was an eventful month for us. Some things were expected and very enjoyable, others were unexpected and challenging. - To start with we thank God for a clean CAT scan for Walt. This was such good news and we continually thank God for His kindness to this point. - Pam began her new semester at college pursuing her nursing degree. She has made good progress in her class work to this point and we are all so proud of her. She spent three weeks doing her clinicals for her CNA designation. It was a long three weeks going to school in the mornings, traveling to SE Portland in the early afternoon and then working until 10:30 PM as a CNA, and finally making the 30-40 minute drive home. It was an ordeal for three weeks, but she did wonderfully gaining the praise and strong positive recommendation from her instructors when she finished. - Walt celebrated his 62nd (!) birthday. Wow, where did all the years go? And for hsi birthday Pam gave him an IPad2! Wow. I am sure it will be great when I get past the learning curve, but I am pleased to have it and look forward to using it. - And then two weeks ago Pam began to feel very strong flu-like symptoms which got so bad over the course of two days that on the third day we took her to the urgent care clinic in St. Helens. After examination they sent us to the emergency room at Good Sam Hospital in Portland. At this time Pam was just miserable with very intense headaches, fever, and muscle ache all over her body. The doctors performed a number of test and finally gave us the designation, Meningitis! They put her in the hospital for three days, and she came home Sunday, a week ago. For those of you in the know there are two kinds of this disease, one bacterial and one viral. Pam's illness appears to be viral not bacterial, for which again we thank God, since the bacterial form is extremely serious and can be life threatening. That is not to say the viral form is not serious, it is, but it does not have the scary side effects and possible fatal consequences that the bacterial form does. Courtney, Pam's older daughter, flew to Portland last week and spent the majority of the week with us caring for Pam and helping out in every way she could. Thanks Courtney! So much appreciated. It was a treat to see her and it mean a lot to Pam. At this point Pam continues to make slow progress in the recovery of this illness. It can take weeks and months to regain full health. But we are so thankful that she is making slow progress day by day.
Well, ...that's been our April. And as I said some things were expected and some were not, but in all these joys and trials we have known the peace and love of God. And oh, lest I forget, young Samantha got a new do this past weekend! (See above). For those of you who know or remember she has always had long hair down to the middle of her back. And while it was so cute on her (when it was combed), her new do looks so very cute and will be great for the warm summer. She loves it and so we had to take her picture in front of our tulip bed. So cute, 'eh?
Greetings and love to all. And I will try to be more consistent.
Walt (for the six of us.)

1 Comments:
Glad to see you back on the blog bandwaggon, dad. And glad to hear that Pam continues to do well.
I think that I had a do like that when I was a kid, but they called it the mushroom cut at that point, not a bob.....who wants to be compared to a vegetable!
Much love to all of you!
Post a Comment
<< Home